Factors That Influence Rural Entrepreneurship: Case-Study Evidence from Torbat-E Heydarie, Kadkan District
Keywords:Entrepreneurship, Development, Village, Torbat Heydariyeh, Kodkan
Entrepreneurship is an important instrument in planning and realizing rural community development. Owing to current problems in societies, focusing on the rural entrepreneurship is of utmost importance. Entrepreneurship by creating new opportunities for employment and income plays an important role in improving socioeconomic conditions of villages. The aim of this study is to assess the factors influencing the development of rural entrepreneurship in a case study of villages in Torbat-e Heydarieh, Kadkan district. The research method was descriptive-analytic, and the data collection method was library and field studies. For data analysis, One-sample t-test with principal component analysis was used. The statistical population of the study was the villagers of Kadkan district of Torbat-e Heydarieh, from which 240 people were asked to complete a questionnaire. The validity of the questionnaire was evaluated using the Content and face validity with expert judgement. Reliability of the questionnaire was examined by Cronbach's alpha coefficient which for all studied domains was above 0.75 which indicated that questionnaire was satisfactory. The results indicated that economic factor was the most influential issue in the rural entrepreneurship. The results also showed that rural entrepreneurship provides a good context for creating jobs in agricultural and non-agricultural sectors and it is an important factor for achieving sustainable rural development.
- Audretsch, D. (2002). Entrepreneurship: a survey of the literature. London: Institute for Development Strategies.
- Bouzarjomehri, Khadijeh, Romiani, Ahmad, Ismaili, Asia, (2014). Factors Affecting Entrepreneurship Growth in Strengthening Rural Communities for Sustainable Development, National Conference on Sustainable Rural Development in the Sixth National Development Plan, Scientific Association of Geography and Rural Planning, University of Tehran.
- Cloke, P. (2006). Conceptualizing rurality. In P. Cloke, T. Mardsen, & P. H. Mooney Eds., Handbook of rural studies. London: Sage.
- Dabson, B. (2005). Entrepreneurship as a real community and economic development strategy. Rural policy research institute & truman school of public affairs. Columbia: University of Missouri.
- Dabson, B. Malkin, J. Matthews, A. Pate, K. Stickle, S. (2003), Mapping Rural Entrepreneurship.
- Farahani, Hossein, Zakieh Rasoulinia and Zahra Sedghi Saraskanroud, (2014) Factors Affecting Entrepreneurship Growth in Rural Areas Study: Jaber Ansar Village in Abdanan County, Space Economics and Rural Development, Volume 3, Number 9.
- Governor of Torbat Heydariyeh city of Khorasan Razavi (2018)
- Heritot, K. 2002, A new Approach to Rural Entrepreneurship a Case Study of Two Rural
- Hosseini, Ismail, (2011), The role of entrepreneurship in the development of rural areas of Kaki section of Dashti province, Master's Degree in Geography and Rural Planning, Sistan and Baluchestan University.
- Jeanette S.Martina, Milbord Novievicb. (2010), Social entrepreneurship among Kenyan farmers.International Journal of Intercultural Relation,34.
- Najafi Kani, Ali Akbar, Mehdi Hesam and Hadiseh Ashour, (2015), Assessing the status of entrepreneurial development in rural areas: South Astarabad district in Gorgan province, Quarterly Journal of Space Economics and Rural Development, Fourth Year, No. 1
- Reagan, B. (2002), Area Highgrowth Entrepreneurs Building the Rural Economy?, Center for the Stud of Rural America, Kansas City, Mo: Federal Reserve bank of Kansas City.
- Ritzer, G. (2007). Contemporary sociological theory and its classical roots. New York: McGraw-Hill University of Jyvaskyla.
- Rokanuddin Eftekhari, Abdolreza, Mehdi Taherkhani and Hamdollah Sajasi Gheidari; (2009) Dimensions and Factors Affecting the Development of Agricultural Entrepreneurship in Rural Areas Case Study of Villages of Khodabandeh County, Rural and Development Quarterly, Volume 12, Number 3.
- Samad Aghaei, Jalil, (2014) Research and Development in Entrepreneurial Organizations, Technology Growth Quarterly, Volume 1, Number 1.
- Shahraki, H., Movahedi, R., & Yaghoubi Farani, A. (2016). From Arturo Escobar’s development theory to Antony Giddens's structuration theory: A social constructionist analysis of rural entrepreneurship and multifunctional agriculture. International Journal of Agricultural Resources, Governance and Ecology, 12, 406–426.
- Statistical Center of Iran, (2016), excerpt from the results of the General Population and Housing Census 2016
- Thornton, P. (1999). The sociology of entrepreneurship. Annual Review of the Social Sciences of Religion, 25, 19–46.
- Vosooghi, M., & Eemani, A. (2010). Ayande-ye Tose-ye Roosta’i va Chalesh-ha-ye Paydari future of rural development and sustainability challenges. Rural Development Journal, 12, 23–45.